Friday, March 11, 2011

It is finished

another 235 pages under my belt, under the bridge, safely tucked into my noggen, the old brain box. and that makes it done.  i think i know enough to write these papers with what i've read.  if i don't, that makes me a dummy, then i will keep revising my paper topics until i do. the topic will become smaller and smaller until i end up writing a list of things i ate today.  with extensive footnotes.

is it sacreligious that i like using the phrase "it is finished" as often as I can?  and when i type it, i like to say it out loud, just under my breath, and i add, "and with that, he breathed his last and gave up his spirit," even though those exact words are not in the Bible but are, rather, an amalgamation of multiple gospel-accounts of Jesus' death? so? is it sacrelig?

it's interesting to me how these words have become wrapped up in my way of being in the world.  i can't escape the fact that my life has been soaked in words from the bible.  i'm not trying to escape, but i think it's interesting to realize i couldn't even if i wanted to.  

9 comments:

awomanoffewwords said...

Do you realize that all those words you read in all the books you read are forever in your memory kicking around in your head with all the rest of the stuff in there and will eventually also come out in phrases such as 'it is finished'? Something to think about and add to everything else. I'm not surprised you have eye strain...

Prie said...

blogwalking ....

unsealed lips said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nina said...

hey there idea girl. I like your style. I talk to myself all the time when I'm writing, usually to the effect of, "I'm a genius. The world will be changed by this." followed by a little dance to whatever song is playing in my head at that moment.

I usually don't tell people that; it makes me sound like a hopeless narcissist, but what do you do when you fell that way? I have to at least admit to it. :)

What do you do? What are trying to accomplish here?

kevin21 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cynical.girl said...

Nice work, why nothing lately?

Chajia said...

Wow .. love your writing !oh btw

Hye Kirsten ! You want your blog/site to look beautiful ? Cute ? elegant ? Vintage ? but dont know how to edit it ? Here I am to help . Its easy . Contact me on twitter @snz_official and tell me your name , contact number *whatsapp or wechat id for me to contact you and the link of your blog/site that you want to be edited . No payment needed :) Its free .

Do contact me at @snz_official - Twitter
Here is my fanfic blog : www.sya-jin.blogspot.com

Download X Men Days Of Future Past said...

Download X Men Days Of Future past

Praveen RS said...

Very nice blog

Aluminium Planters